Thursday 29 March 2007

G'day from Guyana

Well ladies and gents, here I am a week later. Guyana is hot as usual and on some days wet as well. It knew cricket was coming !?!

Providence Stadium was nice but it wasn't home...not like Bourda. Too much exposed space. The atomsphere was bad, just like Arsenal's new home in North London. Crowd was only about 5200, so that left about 10000 spare seats. (It's all about the money for the ICC and not about the people who have a true love for the game)

I went down to the game yesterday with SA v SL. Good day out overall but was let down when it came to seating. I booked US$25 seats at the match only to find out when I got there we were sitting on the grass mound and not in the stand. (If the ICC had done the seating plans properly we wouldn't of been there. My old man can't sit on the grass he's in his seventies for God sakes and had enough trouble trying to get him round the ground).

Couple of guys from the CWC VIBES crew were very helpful and we got him over into the seated area. I don't want to think about tomorrows match with Eng v Ire because I have got those $25 seats again and when I checked the tickets last night it said those dreaded words "GRASS MOUND".

I also forgot to take the camera with me yesterday, so no pictures...sorry. But on the plus side I hope everyone saw me in the UK. I was on the cameras yesterday for a good five seconds. (Good looking guy with a red Arsenal shirt and a massive Guyana flag on a pole...only one in the ground).

Internet place is just round the corner from us so I can report a lot more.

No comments: